Christ at the Checkpoint 2014 Conference Mission
To Challenge Evangelicals To Take Responsibility To Help Resolve the Conflicts in Israel-Palestine By Engaging With the Teaching of Jesus on the Kingdom of God.
Christ at the Checkpoint 2014 Conference Objectives
1. To explore the challenges that stand against fulfilling the vision of the kingdom of God today in Palestine/Israel, and to consider the positive and negative attitudes and contributions of Christians in the last few years towards the conflicts in the region.
2. To discuss the theological and practical implications of the inauguration of the kingdom of God in the land – and what this means in times of conflict.
3. To study and unpack the teachings of Jesus and explore how they contribute towards achieving peace and justice in Palestine/Israel.
4. To consider the rise of religious radicalism in the region and how it affects the conflict, and to seek together a biblical response towards this rise.
5. To motivate and encourage Evangelicals worldwide to actively seek to contribute to achieving peace between Palestinians and Israelis.
In addition, the four main objectives of the Christ at the Checkpoint conferences are:
1. Empower and encourage the Palestinian church role in achieving peace, through building trust & respect between the peoples of the land, removing hatred, practicing tolerance and acceptance, and being able to appreciate and understand the others.
2. Discuss the realities of the injustices in the Palestinian Territories and create awareness of the obstacles to reconciliation and peace.
3. Create a platform for serious engagement with Christian Zionism and an open forum for ongoing dialogue between all positions within the Evangelical theological spectrum.
4. Motivate participants to become advocates for the reconciliation work of the church in Palestine/Israel and its ramifications for the Middle East and the world.